The African Energy Week is the African Energy Chamber’s interactive exhibition and networking event that seeks to unite African energy stakeholders, drive industry growth and development, and promote Africa as the destination for African-focused events. The event is committed to African people and African energy with strong encouragement towards a global audience to Cape Town where we will make decisions on the future of the continent’s natural resources and energy sectors.
African Energy Week 2022 will take place across several venues located in the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa.
A number of prominent figures have been confirmed for African Energy Week 2022. In 2021 speakers included H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, H.E. Aissatou Sophie Gladima, H.E. Gabriel Obiang Lima, H.E. Diamantino Azevedo, and more.
Compared to more traditional conferences, AEW hosts a variety of sponsorship options intended to create more opportunities and increase brand exposure for participating companies. By utilizing the concept of the Energy Village, AEW not only spreads sponsorship opportunities across multiple venues and over a myriad of session structures, but across multiple platforms through physical, in-person delegations as well as the event’s micro-website, applications, and streaming services. AEW recognizes the value of tailor-made branding experiences and therefore, by providing each company with their own area, to be branded according to specific branding initiatives and company identity, the event ensures company exposure is more prominent.
Through premium sponsorship opportunities including conference arena’s, breakaway rooms, workshops, lunches and cocktail lounges, networking receptions and a beach club, AEW maximizes sponsorship and engagement. What’s more, the event’s golf tournament presents new sponsorship opportunities where brand exposure is made more interactive and impactful. By investing in AEW and taking advantage of the range of sponsorship opportunities, you are not only participating in Africa’s top energy conference, but immersing yourself in a one-of-a-kind experience.
No, this event is in-person only. However, daily recaps will be available on the website.
- For registration related enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For sales related enquires contact email@example.com
- For media related enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- For speaker opportunity related enquires contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment & Ticket Questions
Tickets for African Energy Week 2022 are currently on sale through the official website
Simply visit the aecweek.com website and click on buy tickets
- 4 Day conference and exhibition pass
- Covid-19 test per day
- Entry to all networking events
Yes this is possible, we have a 1 day ticket you can purchase.
Travel, Health & Safety Questions
We as the organisers of African Energy Week know that Covid-19 protocols are imperative to the safety of all of our visitors. That’s why we’ve been working with partners to create a multi-layered safety approach which will be approved by the City of Cape Town Health Authorities. A Committed Community approach mitigates risk and maintains a safe environment at African Energy Week 2022.
- The following protocols will be apply:
Covid-19 testing prior to entry
- Covid-19 screening at each venue
- Signage will be in place with protocol measures
- Sanitization stations
- Masks at all times
- Social distancing as per local health regulations.
It is mandatory to wear an FFP2 at all times of attendance.
Acceptable face masks are classified as those Filtering Facepiece Respirators KN95 (FFP2/N95 Alternative) masks satisfying European Standard EN 149:2001.
Surgical masks and cloth face masks are not acceptable for this Event.
- All individuals must bring their own face mask(s), satisfying the criteria above
- Masks can be purchased at our rapid test centres
- Individuals without approved face masks may be denied entry, or asked to leave the Event
- If unable to wear a face mask for valid medical reasons, you may be required to present a certified doctor’s note at any time.
All delegates attending will be tested, whether vaccinated or not.